Back toChapter Home
1. What is a Species?
2. What is a Hybrid?
3. Who Can Cross with Whom?
4. Taxonomy of Rhododendrons
5. Modern Taxonomic Rhododendron Grouping
6. Hardiness of Rhododendrons
7. Site Selection for Rhododendrons
8. Planting Rhododendrons
9. Fungal and Insect Enemies
10. Shaping and Pruning Rhododendrons
11. Creating New Rhododendron Varieties
12. Collecting and Germinating Seed
13. Growing Germinated Seedlings
14. Transplanting Young Rhododendrons
15. Vegetative Propagation by Cuttings
16. Using Hormones to Root Cuttings
17. Propagation by Grafting and Layering
18. Growing in Less than Ideal Conditions
19. Plant Identification and Labeling
20. Compatible Companion Plants
21. Selecting Compatible Shrubs and Small Trees
22. Compatible Trees with Interesting Foliage
23. Compatible Large Trees and Flowering Trees
24. Growing Fragrant Rhododendrons
25. Showing Rhododendrons in Public Competitions
26. Rewards of Growing Rhododendrons as a Hobby
27. Naming and Describing Rhododendron Varieties
© All Portland Chapter content copyrighted
2011. Content, including photos, may be reproduced only with permission of the Portland
chapter of the ARS.